Rodents are not unusual in Reading; however, that does not mean you have to share your residence with them. In addition to being inconvenient, these pests bring viruses, bacteria, and diseases to your home, which can threaten you and everyone in your household. The best method to protect your property from critters is by rodent control.
At Eastern Pine Pest & Wildlife, we offer pest management services, including rodent control in Reading MA, and other surrounding areas. Our exterminators employ environment-friendly methods during removal and exclusion to keep homes secured against rodent infestations.
How to Get Rid of Rodents From Your Home
These are some of the ways you can remove rodents from your home:
- Use Bait – Take morsels of food that the animals love, mix it with a pesticide, then leave it somewhere they frequent. If you have kids or pets in the house, take extra precautions with this method.
- Introduce a Cat – Rodents are careful not to go anywhere near a cat, and cats hunt them for food. Introducing a feline into the house can be very effective in getting rid of the invaders and rapidly reducing their population.
- Use Traps – If you have identified the tracks they use, leave mouse traps there. These will work best when paired with bait that will attract the rodents.
It's a good idea to use methods that will allow you to remove the rodents easily. For instance, poisoned rats can die anywhere in the house, including hard-to-reach corners above the ceiling. This will result in a strong rotting odor. As such, baits are best used together with traps to avoid this.
Do Rodents Bite?
Rodents can bite, but mostly when provoked. For example, if you corner a rat and try to use your hands to catch it, it might bite you as it struggles to break free. They’re, however, very unlikely to bite you when you’re asleep. These pests have sharp, long teeth, and a bite can cause bleeding and leave a wound behind. This is also one way through which infections and diseases are spread.
What Should You Do When Bitten by a Rodent?
In case you’re bitten by a rodent, you should take the following precautions:
- Clean your wound with soap and water immediately, then disinfect it. Next, apply an antibiotic cream and cover the wound with a clean dressing. That will prevent an infection from developing.
- Look out for signs such as swelling, redness, or pus over the next few days. Symptoms of an infection may not manifest until several days or even a week after the bite. If you notice delayed healing and see the wound worsening, go to a doctor for a complete diagnosis and treatment.
Get Professional Rodent Control
If you’re unable to put an end to the rodent problem in your house, you should get Eastern Pine Pest & Wildlife to do it for you. Our exterminators know the local pest issues inside out. As such, we are able to offer comprehensive services for rodent control in Reading MA. Get in touch with us today on 781-334-8655, and we'll provide you with the pest management solutions you need to feel comfortable and safe in your home again.rodent control Reading MA